none
[UWP]How to read the incoming SMS in UWP. RRS feed

Answers

• Hi.,

I want to read the incoming sms in univarsal windows phone 10..is it possible or not please suggest me..

Access to SMS requires access to APIs that are generally restricted. If you work for a carrier or a device operator you can go through them to find information on how to access the API. If you are not with a party that already has low level access you won't be able to intercept incoming SMS. 

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi lavanya g b,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools  

I have added tag for you this time, and you would need to add tag by yourself next time.

I agree with Joel Ivory Johnson’s point, the “Windows.ApplicationModel.Chat namespace” would be that you want, but this API is not available to all Windows/Windows Phone apps. Unless your developer account is specially provisioned by Microsoft, calls to these APIs will fail at runtime.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi lavanya g b,

Download this official simple from github and research it

Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:51 AM
  • Hi.,

I want to read the incoming sms in univarsal windows phone 10..is it possible or not please suggest me..

Access to SMS requires access to APIs that are generally restricted. If you work for a carrier or a device operator you can go through them to find information on how to access the API. If you are not with a party that already has low level access you won't be able to intercept incoming SMS. 

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi lavanya g b,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools  

I have added tag for you this time, and you would need to add tag by yourself next time.

I agree with Joel Ivory Johnson’s point, the “Windows.ApplicationModel.Chat namespace” would be that you want, but this API is not available to all Windows/Windows Phone apps. Unless your developer account is specially provisioned by Microsoft, calls to these APIs will fail at runtime.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Hello,

i have same question. Will receive SMS via UWP and YES, i now, that is (normaly) restricted, but i make a UWP vor a company, that didn't have this restrictions. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:44 PM