none
Connection forcibly closed - while uploading app package using store api - python RRS feed

• Question

• As following the sample python code for windows-store-submission-api, I got the fileUploadURL and I'm trying to upload the app packages zip file using requests.put python function. Within a minute, I get an error,

ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))

My zip file consists of the .msixupload package which I usually upload directly to the store. This file is about 400mb.

Code block used to upload the zip file,

# Upload images and packages in a zip file. Note that large file might need to be handled differently
    f = open(zipFilePath, 'rb')
    uploadResponse = requests.put(fileUploadUrl.replace("+", "%2B"), f, headers={"x-ms-blob-type": "BlockBlob"})
    print(uploadResponse.status_code)

I looked into the possible reasons for 10054 error, and since the remote host is the "store" itself, and I'm not any blocking corporate network, I'm not sure the cause for this error.

Any reason/help on why it's failing? Thank you/

Monday, April 20, 2020 3:48 PM