none
[UWP][C#] Is it possible to use System.Web.Services.Description? RRS feed

Answers

• UWP apps can use classes available for UWP or for .Net Standard 2.0.

According to the documentation you linked, System.Web.Services.Description is not available in either of those categories.

You can discover this by changing the product drop down from .Net Framework 4.7.2 to .Net Standard 2.0 or UWP, and you'll get a banner that the namespace is not available there:

! The requested page is not available for .NET Standard 2.0. You have been redirected to the newest product version this page is available for.

If you drill down to specific classes in the namespace they'll list which platforms they apply to. Neither UWP nor .Net Standard are listed.

Friday, March 22, 2019 8:16 PM

All replies

• UWP apps can use classes available for UWP or for .Net Standard 2.0.

According to the documentation you linked, System.Web.Services.Description is not available in either of those categories.

You can discover this by changing the product drop down from .Net Framework 4.7.2 to .Net Standard 2.0 or UWP, and you'll get a banner that the namespace is not available there:

! The requested page is not available for .NET Standard 2.0. You have been redirected to the newest product version this page is available for.

If you drill down to specific classes in the namespace they'll list which platforms they apply to. Neither UWP nor .Net Standard are listed.

Friday, March 22, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the tip, Rob.

That is the way of checking availability that I was looking for.  

I guess that I will need to make a desktop app again. 

Hong

Friday, March 22, 2019 8:29 PM