[UWP][Phone] Phone Simulator Covers Controls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have a UWP app which when I try on the 5 inch Phone Simulator it covers the controls. For the larger phone sizes its not a problem. I have raised the controls up a bit so you can see them, normally you can just see the tops of them. The question is "Is this something I have to handle in my UWP app or is it just a screw up in the simulator"?

• Edited by hypodyne1 Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:56 AM missing text
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:56 AM

Answers

• Hi hypodyne1,

>>”Is this something I have to handle in my UWP app or is it just a screw up in the simulator”

In my experience, this case was just occurred in emulator which has the virtual navigation bar. If on the real device, the virtual navigation bar will not cover the visible screen area, so you do not need to care about it. 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Sunday, April 30, 2017 3:37 AM
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi hypodyne1,

>>”Is this something I have to handle in my UWP app or is it just a screw up in the simulator”

In my experience, this case was just occurred in emulator which has the virtual navigation bar. If on the real device, the virtual navigation bar will not cover the visible screen area, so you do not need to care about it. 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Sunday, April 30, 2017 3:37 AM
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Exactly what I wanted to hear.

thanks

Sunday, April 30, 2017 3:38 AM