none
[W8.1]jscript9.dll in Windows 8 Store app Certification is failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are trying to load the javascript in windows 8.1 store application. Initially we have tried Chakracore, it is failing app certification. and we got to know that chakracore is not for store apps from forum thread.

With the suggestion on the thread we used jscript9.dll, but the problem still raises: app certification failed. I don't know what we are missing here.

Error screenshot:

Please help us.

Thanks,

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Pallam,

After discussing with our engineering team I have found this article and inside this article it says:

JsRT for the Windows Store only supports the Edge engine (chakra.dll). Apps attempting to link against any JsRT API in jscript9.dll will fail certification.

That is the reason why you failed the store Certification. I will try to find if there is any workaround for your requirement.
    Besides, I will recommend you create the UWP app, in this way you can use the Chakra.dll in the UWP.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:17 AM
    Owner