none
selling Adobe premiere plugin through app store RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out if this would allowed by the app store.

The overview is to sell an adobe premiere plugin, which is essentially a DLL that gets installed inside premiere's install folder.  I also want to sell this via the app store app subscription method.

App store apps don't have admin rights, so likely the app couldn't copy the plugin in Premiere's install folder.  Is that correct?  Could I just instruct the user to move the file to the appropriate location?

Then from the plugin I need to check if it's licensed or not.  Could it call a uwp app to get license info?

Amy answer or alternative ways to accomplish something like that would be appreciated!

Sunday, January 5, 2020 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>App store apps don't have admin rights, so likely the app couldn't copy the plugin in Premiere's install folder.  Is that correct? 

Yes, it is correct.

>> Could I just instruct the user to move the file to the appropriate location?

No, installation from the store doesn't require user interaction.

Maybe you could create a desktop app that contains the dll inside it. In the desktop app, what you could do is to find the premiere's install folder and install the dll into premiere's install folder. Then convert the desktop app into a UWP app using desktop bridge and upload it to the store. Haven't tried this so I couldn't guarantee this will work.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, January 6, 2020 2:23 AM