[UWP][Kiosk][Language][c#] RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot side load UWP App, getting the following error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

App installation failed with error message: Deployment Add operation with target volume C: on Package 699D39A1-4FB9-4DAB-B4C9-29C671505182_1.1.20.0_neutral_~_229tpk7rdw46r from:  (Kiosk_1.1.20.0_x86_x64_Debug.msixbundle)  failed with error 0x8000FFFF. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. (0x8000ffff)

I've tried

wsreset.exe
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deleted and recreated profile, 

Created new user but still getting the same error. The App loads and works on other computers.

All Windows 10 Pro , Version 1909 OS build 18363.815

App build for Windows 10, version 1903 (10.0; Build 18362)

Peter

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Is there an action (update or restore...) on your system before you deploy app?If you deploy this app on other devices, will the same problem occur? Could you deploy a test app to check if this problem occurs? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:02 AM
  • No the app does not exist in the account in order to Update it or Restore it.

I've deployed / side loaded this app on several computer and it's working fine, with exception of 2 computers.

I will try a simple test app to see if I am able to install it.

Peter

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:47 PM
  • I ran Install.ps1 instead of the .msixbundle and it worked. I tried it on other computers that worked previously and install.ps1 did not work, but .msixbundle did work.

Same OS same version of everything.

Peter

Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:51 AM
  • Hi Peter,

I can't test your package to reproduce your issue,and unable to determine if this is a package problem. Do you deploy app locally to publish to the Store?If you do, did your package pass the WACK test?

Best regards

Daisy Tian 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2020 3:07 AM