none
LOB - Will it ever be possible to use the flight option for line of business apps

Question

• At the moment the only way I have been able to use a flight to target a single line of business user is by getting the user to log in with both their company and microsoft accounts.

This way they can still see the private store via their company account and update to the flighted version as I had targeted their microsoft account with the flight version.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Many thanks Roy
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi zangl,

Do you want to use the flight package in your private store? If so,it shouldn't work

People in your known user groups must be signed in with their Microsoft accounts in order to receive a package flight, so package flights will not be distributed via Microsoft Store for Business and Microsoft Store for Education.All acquisitions made via Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education will receive your non-flighted packages.Fore more details, please refer to Package flights.

If I misunderstand your issue, please point out.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Yes I want to be able to offer beta copies of some of our LOB apps to certain employees.

I found that if they use both their company domain account login AND their microsoft account login this allows them to first see the app in the private store and second to be able to install the flighted package.

I would prefer if I could simply use the single domain account and flights work for LOB apps just the same as commercial apps. The support for LOB seems to be playing catchup IMHO.

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Andy

Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:46 AM
  • Hi Zangl,

>I would prefer if I could simply use the single domain account and flights work for LOB apps just the same as commercial apps. 

Your idea will not come true now,here's why:

1.Package flights can't be distributed via Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education

2.The common beta testing with private audience, each person in the testing groups must be authenticated with the Store using the Microsoft account associated with the email address you provide.

Could you mind to sideload your testing package to the employees?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 9, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I have successfully deployed a package flight from the business store, however to do this you need to be logged in with two accounts, the domain account to see the private store and the Microsoft account to access the flight.

This is not ideal though as it just adds to confusion to the users but I guess we can use it as a workaround. Is there anywhere this can be added as a feature request for folk to up vote, I think it would be a great addition to the LOB developers.

We could also sideload but again this requires more intervention by the user and may be confusing to some, I would rather the beta version simply install via the store like any other update. Also we need to make sure the cert for sideload has been installed on the hardware which is another logistic issue to take into account, however this is a possibility as you say and we can consider this approach also.

Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Andy

Friday, November 9, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback.Did the user get the package flight from the business successfully?Under normal circumstances, the customers who signed in with their Microsoft accounts can receive a package flight, all acquisitions made via Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education will receive your non-flighted packages. 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Yes they did. With the domain login they can see the private store, with the Microsoft login they get the package flight I want them to get. However you need both logins and I really wish they only need their domain login. Do you know if this is likely and when it will be released?

Many thanks

Andy

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Could you mind to distribute offline apps which allows organizations to deploy apps when users or devices do not have connectivity to the Store. With offline licenses, organizations can download apps and their licenses to deploy within their network, or on devices that are not connected to the Internet.

Steps to download an offline-licensed app
    1.Sign in to the Microsoft Store for Business .
    2.Click Manage, and then choose Apps & software.
    3.Refine results by License type to show apps with offline licenses.
    4.Find the app you want to download, click the ellipses under Actions, and then choose Download for offline use.

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:20 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Unfortunately that is not an option. It appears Microsoft has no solution to this issue at the moment, I was hoping someone might be able to give me an idea if\when package flights to LOB apps would be available. Thanks for you replies, much appreciated but I don't think there is a solution to this one at the moment.

Many Thanks

Andy

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:26 AM