[UWP]How to restore SemanticZoom on Windows 10 universal app? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 8 hub style app and I am porting it to Windows 10 universal app. Is the SemanticZoom gone forever? (Why?!) If not, how can I re-enable that functionality? (Like using mousewheel while holding ctrl key pressed)
    Saturday, July 4, 2015 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hello ELRaymod,

>>Is the SemanticZoom gone forever? (Why?!)

I could reproduce you mentioned scenario with creating a windows 8.1 application and then convert it to a UWP app. I also created a new UWP app and copied these files from the 8.1 project to the new one, however, the result is same. I am not sure if this is a known issue, I would help confirm about scenario. Also you could post this scenario to the team by the windows 10 built-in feedback tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:23 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jamles Hez Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:55 PM
    • Edited by Fred Bao Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:36 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 12:11 PM
  • SemanticZoom is available - obviously your project has that control and it compiles.

However, you are left to implement the state changing on your own. Officially proposed method for the hub would be to activate switching to the Zoomed out view on the click of the header of the tab (if tabs don't exist then you should place somewhere the zoom out button). You can change states by changing IsZoomedInViewActive property of SemanticZoom. You can also set IsZoomOutButtonEnabled to have a small built-in button on the bottom right corner to activate the zoomed out view.

To answer the last part of the quiestion, obviously if you can capture the mosewheel while holding the Ctrl key in your code you can activate the change of the state of the SemanticZoom.

• Edited by ivan.icin Monday, September 7, 2015 5:59 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 5:57 PM