Is it possible to share & install enterprise LOB app without company hub app? RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an LOB app. I got to know that MS offers company hub app which is used to distribute company apps & other info related to company. So here scenario is the employees first install company hub app. The link of company hub app & AETX file is shared via email or any other way. After using company hub app, LOB will get install. Now I am not interested in company info, news, etc & I have only one LOB app.

So is it possible to share & install my LOB app directly via email i.e. without using company hub app? I want to bypass the company hub app installation. I want to share an XAP link, which directly installs my LOB app. I am ready to go with all enterprise validation & Symantac certification process.

• Edited by Xyroid Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:10 AM
    • Changed type Xyroid Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:37 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Xyroid,

yes, it is possible.

In fact the Company hub app is nothing different than a normal Windows Phone app. So you can send any signed .XAP with an AETX-file to the user and you're fine.

Note: The user has to open the AETX-file just once, and then his phone will have the company account to install the apps signed with the corresponding certificate. If you don't have a company hub app, you've to send him updates and new applications in some way, e.g. per email. That is part where the company hub app is good: Users can install updates and new applications over that windows phone app. You don't have to send emails or links to .XAPs. :-)

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest app: The "Womanizer" :-)
    twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:26 AM