none
Warning for devs: Do NOT install Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10563 if you want to submit apps to the store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

hopefully some of your read this before searching for the problems for some hours (like I did).
    The SDK page (http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/10/13/windows-10-sdk-preview-build-10563-released/) even says, you should not install this SDK on your production dev. machine...somewhere below:

Known Issues

SDK Backwards compatibility: Do not install this preview SDK on your production machine. If you do so, any applications you submit to the Store after installing this SDK will fail validation because this SDK will update some of the build tools used to preview versions of those tools.

Of course it was to late when I read this and when submitting an app to the store, you moste likely will get the same error as I am getting at the moment: Package acceptance validation error: The package file ....appx uses the following files: [MakePri.exe, 10.0.10563.0], which are above the maximum version allowed: [MakePri.exe, 10.0.10499.0]. Please update your Visual Studio build tools and try again.

hope this helps and you read it BEFORE you install the latest SDK.

greetings,
    Hannes

• Edited by HannesBiri Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:53 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:47 PM

All replies

• Update: Uninstalling "Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10563" did not solve the problem. :(
    Build target 10563 now longer can be selected in VS2015, but after compiling mit UWP app (with target Build 10240) and submitting it to the store, I still get the error:

Package acceptance validation error: The package file DailyActivitiesUniversal.UWP_2.0.8.0_x86.appx uses the following files: [MakePri.exe, 10.0.10563.0], which are above the maximum version allowed: [MakePri.exe, 10.0.10499.0]. Please update your Visual Studio build tools and try again.

What else can I try to do?
    I really hope I do not need to make a fresh installation of VS2015 since this moste likely also reqires re-installing UI component libraries and Xamarin, which I want to avoid.

greetings,
    Hannes

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:25 PM
  • Update 2: Manually changing the directory "10" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits", uninstalling all SDKs, repairing VS and reinstalling the released SDK solved the problem.
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:22 AM
  • Thank you very much!!

kaki104

Sunday, October 18, 2015 9:03 AM
  • Could you please describe more in detail what you have changed in the directory 10 and what SDKs you needed to uninstall? I have tried following your description but haven't got it to work yet. I get empty errors after my bundle/packages have been verified in Windows Store.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I simply renamed the Directory "10" to "old_10", so the Setup can no longer find it.
    The I started the official Windows 10 SDK Installation again.
    If the SDK Installation finds a Directory named "10" it checks if the files are newer and does not install any files, if they are.

But after renaming the Directory and starting the Installation of the official released SDK again it DOES install these files and the build process uses the official SDK and you can submit to the store again.

greetings,
    Hannes

• Proposed as answer by Gottfrid Linge Sunday, November 15, 2015 4:54 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:53 PM
  • Thank you! Now I can publish to the store again!!!
    Sunday, November 15, 2015 4:54 PM
  • Thank you very much for solving this issue! I was completely unaware that you are unable to publish the app if on a different Windows 10 SDK build. Thanks again!!

Zack Bowling

Friday, November 27, 2015 5:14 PM