Any way to deploy apps to Windows RT 8.1 RTM? RRS feed

• Question

• There is currently no remote debugger for the RTM version of Windows 8.1 RT (ARM). Is there another way to deploy my apps to a Surface RT running 8.1 RTM?

NOTE: The preview version of the remote debugger doesn't work (including not working to deploy from the VS2013 preview version).

From Windows 8.1 (RTM) running VS2013 RC, FWIW.

Or is the only option to wait until the 8.1 street date and assume (hope?) that an ARM remote debugger is available by or around that date?

It's very difficult to prepare for 8.1 when nothing can be adequately tested.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:56 AM

All replies

• The same way you deploy any non-Store appx... create an appx package and put it on the machine.  Install via powershell.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:06 PM