The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] Print memory leak RRS feed

• Question

• when I switch between PrintPage and other page ,the memory set grows up about 15MB  every time? why?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:32 AM

All replies

• in lastest Windows 10 Printsample ,the Problem is Present! Is the Windows 10 bug?

C# and C++/CX Printsample is same,but JS Printsaple is OK ! why!!!?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Hi Azhang Works Studio,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools 

I have used MS official code sample about "Printing" to test, but I have not found this issue. Could you please post your reproducible steps here?

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:53 AM
  • [UWP][C++][XAML][Print] thanks Xavier Eoro,I developed  a UWP APP ,it works well,but when I showed the diagnostic tool ,  I opened  Print dialog and Preview print pages, the memory for this Process increased about 15MB,I closed the print dialog and navigated to other page ,then gone  back and opened Print dialog again ,the memory set increased about 15MB again  ;so  I opened the Microsoft official PrintSample for CPP and C#,and tested ,the result is same!

My reproducible steps

1. Open Printdialog (call PrintManager::ShowPrintUIAsync();)

2.Preview  print pages

3.cancel the Print dialog

4.naviagte to othe page

5. then go to 1

I downloaded the lastest printsample(1511) ,the result is same.
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:36 AM
  • [UWP][C++][XAML][Print] thanks Xavier Eoro,I developed  a UWP APP ,it works well,but when I showed the diagnostic tool ,  I opened  Print dialog and Preview print pages, the memory for this Process increased about 15MB,I closed the print dialog and navigated to other page ,then gone  back and opened Print dialog again ,the memory set increased about 15MB again  ;so  I opened the Microsoft official PrintSample for CPP and C#,and tested ,the result is same!

My reproducible steps

1. Open Printdialog (call PrintManager::ShowPrintUIAsync();)

2.Preview  print pages

3.cancel the Print dialog

4.naviagte to othe page

5. then go to 1

I downloaded the lastest printsample(1511) ,the result is same.

Hi Azhang,

According to your reproducible steps, I can reproduce this issue. But I think it is because that when we do the navigation, the print page will be destroyed, after we navigate to the print page again, the print page will be recreated, so it will increase the memory.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 10:15 AM
  • [UWP][C++][XAML][memory]Hi,Xavier,thank you! but according to C++/CX,when Print page is Destoryed ,the WinRT object(C++ ref class) counter will Decrease to Zero,and then memory will be released,Why memory set increases again and again?

Sunday, April 24, 2016 1:04 AM