none
Socket IO for Windows Phone RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I'm currently facing an issue : I'm trying to connect to a server with an IO socket but nothing i tried  has worked... 

What I've already tried: 

- SocketIoClientDotNet : the program don't enter the function

socket.On(Socket.EVENT_CONNECT, () =>
                {
                    log.Info("EVENT_CONNECT");
                    socket.Emit("hi2");
                });

socket.On("hi2",(data) =>
                {
                        log.Info("EVENT_MESSAGE");
                        events.Enqueue(data);
                        ManualResetEvent.Set();
                });

and the server display the error : unhandled socket.io url. After some research , it seems that the socket IO version used is above 1.0 and the current version on the server is 0.9.16. 

- SocketIo4Net.Client :  Install-Package SocketIO4Net.Client send an error that say it's not supported on WP 8.1

- Windows.Networking.Sockets : I've tried to use StreamSocket and the connection seems to work ( the try/catch doesn't send an error) but i don't know how to access a function on the server with the name for this one and a Json. A bit like i do with 

HttpClient.PostAsync("NameFunction", JsonContent) 

Constraint: 

- Can't update the socket IO on the server 

- Need to use WP 8.1

Thanks in advance and don't hesitate to ask is something is missing , i'm new in programming.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:38 AM

All replies

• Is there a problem you are trying to solve by using the low level socket calls?

Abdulwahab Suleiman

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

What do you mean by "low level socket calls"?

If it's about the version of the socket IO(0.9.X) used or the type of request , i need to integrate my project to an existing infrastructure and keep compatibility of this one over Android/ IOS.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:37 AM