none
UWP app creation doubts about adding some parameters using Windows 10 Powershell command prompt

Question

• Hi,

I am using windows 10 powershell (admin prvg) command prompt to create UWP app. Everything fine.

Now, I would like to add some parameters using this same via powershell command prompt.

=====================

1. Add Internet (Client) and Private Networks (Client & Server) capabilities in the Package.appxmanifest 

2. Add Background Tasks declaration in the Declarations tab of the Package.appxmanifest with following properties 

General, System event, Timer, ExecutableOrStartPageIsRequired and "Entry point" name: ExitTask.ExitNode

=====================

Here is i don't know how to write those parameters in command prompt along with other parameters.

Regards,

Satheesh

• Edited by satheesh_in Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have some questions about this. Is there any tutorial that you are following to create UWP apps via PowerShell? Or you could tell me more information about how you create the UWP app via PowerShell?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 3:25 AM
  • I will reply
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:09 AM
  • I have already created UWP apps and running in Microsoft Store.

1. Encryption Software

2. sathish_view

Especially may be your help before about some parameters. I used powershell command prompt manually. behind powershell makeappx.exe working style, as a developer i don't bother. 

If you knows what i asked a help from here, i am thanking for that.
    • Edited by satheesh_in Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:55 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

I'm asking because that currently there is no official documents shows about how to directly create UWP apps using powershell instead of using Visual Studio. So I want to know where you know how to do that. Also I haven't get response from the team about this. But I suspect that there is no way to do that.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 11, 2019 7:24 AM
  • I forgot that it is no official documents available now. so i cannot say it. may be the previous ways a little bit difficult for all users except the vs2017 newest version uwp app creation, i think.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

From the previous reply, it looks like your are convert the desktop app to UWP app as you are using DAC and windows image, is it? 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 15, 2019 2:57 AM