none
Netbios no longer functions on a Windows 10 Pro (64) PC (ver1909) on my Home LAN RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that a PC (Windows 10 Pro (64) PC (ver1909) on my home LAN was not able to resolve a hostname to ip address for the network attached drive on my new TP-Link AX6000 router (replaced an old D-Link AC3200) . Upon investigation I found that NetBios was disabled (no matter what option was selected in any of the network adapters Tcp4 WINS settings) on that PC. Running the nbtstat command returns a "NetBT is not bound to any devices" and a manual check of all the adapter entries in the registry (at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces) doesn't show any adapter entry that has anything but "0" (automatic netbios function) in its NetbiosOptions data entry (and none change when I change the setting in any network adapter's Tcp4 WINS settings).

On a few websites I've found that this issue apparently randomly occurs on Win 10 PCs after the installation of an update. Does anyone have a fix other than manually editing the registry or doing an in place reinstall of Windows?
    Monday, May 4, 2020 4:27 PM