The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Navigation in Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Currently, I'm working on a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight application. But, I'm having trouble with page navigation. I want to navigate to a page with my parameters, but I don't know how. I know how to navigate to a page without parameters , but with parameters, I don't know.

Can anyone show me how to navigate to a page with parameters ? For example, I want to navigate to Page2.xaml with PhoneCamera object as a parameter.

Thank you :)

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:55 AM

Answers

• How to perform page navigation on Windows Phone 8

pass parameters to next page

private void passParam_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
            {

NavigationService.Navigate(new Uri("/SecondPage.xaml?msg=" + textBox1.Text, UriKind.Relative));
            }

get parameters from passed by previous page

protected override void OnNavigatedTo(System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationEventArgs e)
            {
                base.OnNavigatedTo(e);

string msg = "";

if (NavigationContext.QueryString.TryGetValue("msg", out msg))

textBlock1.Text = msg;

}

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:33 AM
  • there are some ways to do

(1) serialize the object to json or xml.

(2) by static propertites or fields in app.xaml.cs

(3) WP7 Master - Detail Navigation with Repository Pattern

(4) by PhoneApplicationService.State Property , How to navigate with objects in windows phone 8?

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:57 PM
  • No directly way, the closest to your idea is serialization

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:06 AM

All replies

• How to perform page navigation on Windows Phone 8

pass parameters to next page

private void passParam_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
            {

NavigationService.Navigate(new Uri("/SecondPage.xaml?msg=" + textBox1.Text, UriKind.Relative));
            }

get parameters from passed by previous page

protected override void OnNavigatedTo(System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationEventArgs e)
            {
                base.OnNavigatedTo(e);

string msg = "";

if (NavigationContext.QueryString.TryGetValue("msg", out msg))

textBlock1.Text = msg;

}

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:33 AM
  • What if my parameters are not strings ? I had found out your solutions before asking this question
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 11:05 AM
  • there are some ways to do

(1) serialize the object to json or xml.

(2) by static propertites or fields in app.xaml.cs

(3) WP7 Master - Detail Navigation with Repository Pattern

(4) by PhoneApplicationService.State Property , How to navigate with objects in windows phone 8?

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:57 PM
  • I already thought about static variables. But I still want to find out if there are any ways to pass parameters from page to page directly :)
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 3:32 AM
  • No directly way, the closest to your idea is serialization

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:06 AM