I have enabled adclient. Now what? RRS feed

• Question

• I created an app for windows 10 but how do I show ads? I remember showing them on windows 8 was easy as piece of cake. 
    Saturday, April 15, 2017 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi!

You'll find all informations in those links : 

Be aware about the size of your banner because if you don't respect them your ad won't display or will be cut.

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Download my NEW FREE application MCP PREPARATION in the Windows 10 Store for preparing your Microsoft Certification or test your skills in Microsoft Technologies;

Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Is there any way to do it only by Dev Centre and App studio. I'm a rookie so not sure if I'd be able to handle VS.
    Saturday, April 15, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Hi May693,

> I remember showing them on windows 8 was easy as piece of cake. 

>Is there any way to do it only by Dev Centre and App studio.

For UWP app, you will have to create ad units in Dev Center Dashboard and assign these values to the ApplicationId and AdUnitId properties of your Ad Control. Currently, we're not able to make these operation in App Studio. So you need to download your source project and open it up in Visual Studio.

You can follow AdControl in XAML and .NET with detailed steps to configure your code.

For a complete sample, you can refer to advertising samples on GitHub.

If you have any other question about displaying ads in your app, please feel free to post here and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 6:45 AM