none
developing applications for tablet pocket pc using Visual Basic

Question

• i am a software developer have developed a Medical Clinic System using visual basic, i would like to put this application a Tablet, so that doctors when leaving their clinic can walk with their patients details updated from the computer in the office i am using visual basic 2008, would i have to compile in a specific way.

Monday, March 20, 2017 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is used to discuss the issue about App Studio developing or publishing issue, you'd better make your question more specific and detailed. If you want to develop Windows runtime app, you can post your question at the technical forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:33 AM
  • Hi blackkninght99,

Based on your description, there are three methods for you to try, one is to upgrade your VS to the 2015 or latest version and create another new UWP app that it can run on any, or even all, of a variety of devices from phones, tablets, desktop computers, surface Hubs, Xbox consoles, and HoloLens. Second is to use Desktop App Converter(DAC) to bring your existing desktop apps written for .NET 4.6.1 or Win 32 to the Universal Windows Platform(UWP). Third is to create asp.net project.
    If you have any question about UWP, please ask you question at Developing Universal Windows apps forum.

If you have question about aps.net, you can get help at asp.net forum.

More detailed info about UWP, you can refer to Universal Windows Platform(UWP) app.
    More info about Desktop to UWP Bridge, please refer to Desktop App Converter.

Best Regards,
    Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:31 AM