[WP8.1] Getting this crash in the new dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Today I decided to browse the new dashboard a bit and noticed a bunch of crashes in the Health section that are not reported in the old dashboard which is very strange.

The symbol name is: appname.windowsphone.e!{some-app-ID}_Task_disconnected_while_still_running:_server_task_currentState_=_Hiding,_targetState_=_Inactive

Here's a screenshot of the dashboard:

I see mentions of "server tasks". For the record: my app doesn't access anything on a network of any kind. And I searched for EM_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and one result mentions that the UI thread got blocked somehow. The stack trace only contains one line:

1 appname.windowsphone.e {some-app-ID}_Task_disconnected_while_still_running:_server_task_currentState_=_Hiding,_targetState_=_Inactive. 0x0

Is it possible to determine where this crash comes from? The new dashboard doesn't provide any crash dumps to further help me. Also, why is this crash not reported in the old dashboard? In my mind, it can't be attributed to Windows 10 devices running the app because it has only been downloaded ~700 times. And 17 unique devices (see screenshot) out of 700 running Windows 10 Mobile seems like a pretty high number. I may be wrong.

Monday, June 29, 2015 8:16 AM

All replies

• You should post to the Answers forum.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:22 PM
  • I can't find this Answers forum. Where is it exactly?
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 7:46 AM
  • seems to me like the WP dev forum for universal dev is the exact right place to post this.

I'm seeing same problem.

http://bc3te.ch/brandonh

Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Update: I also found this recent thread on stackoverflow where people report the same problem.
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:17 AM
  • I also get some crash report like that , and no dump file,  no stack trace.
    Monday, August 24, 2015 1:58 AM
  • Same with me. This starts appearing since the new dev center got introduced, and only for the WP version of my app. Since a few weeks, they are not filed as crashed but as hangs. And after another change in the dev center, they are hidden in the failure logs, and only shown if you select "system-level crash". Which makes me think that these are actually crashes in the OS and not in the app. It would be great if someone from MS could check this. If these are OS issues, they should not be shown in our dev center. They are totally flooding our health statistics, hiding real problems.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:05 PM