none
Visual Studio 2013 JQuery intellisense not fully working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

While writing a WP8 Html5 application, my javascript intellisence is only half working.  It works for functions, but not member variables.

ie, var me = person(dad, 36); will provide the function arguments.

but when i call me<DOT> (i get every word on the js file as an option).

I have already done the following:

• Copied the jquery files into my Javascript references folder.
    • Added them as references through the Tools > Options > Text Editor > JS > Intel....
    • added a _references.js file with jquery in path as well

These are all the things that I have found on the web and forums thus far.  Possibly related is the fact that when i go to add a new item to the project, .js file is not an option.  I have to use plain.txt file option.

My Error in Action:

Contents of my JavaScript/References

thanky thanky

• Moved by May Wang - MSFT Monday, November 25, 2013 1:27 AM more related
    • Edited by Brian Emmerling Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:27 AM updated photos
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

According to your description, in order to provide better support I help you move this thread to the proper forum named Windows Phone Development Forum. Hope you can understand.

Best Wishes,

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:26 AM
  • still need help.

thanky thanky

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:25 AM
  • i have also checked the registry settings, I am now out of ideas.

IS there ANYONE developing WP8 with HTML5 & JQuery out there?

thanky thanky

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:13 PM
  • If you change your sample to new up the person object, IntelliSense starts working for me.  Does that work for you?

e.g.: var me = new person(brian, 36);

Without using new, your funciton has no return value so therefore you are dotting off of an undefined object.

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:04 PM