none
[UWP]Need sample project for developing a custom WebAccountProvider RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed in the latest Win10 samples there is a solution for "webaccountmanager" that shows how client app can consume different WebAccountProviders. However looking through the samples I don't see any sample code on how to actually create my own WebAccountProvider.

Is it possible for someone to publish a project that templates the process for creating this custom provider?

Thank You

Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi RIP27,

>>However looking through the samples I don't see any sample code on how to actually create my own WebAccountProvider

Actually, this is out of scope in this forum, as far as I know, you need to use some Web development knowledge to implement OAuth 2.0 Authorization protocol , like Facebook and Twitter

About how to create your own provider, you'd better to get help in this forum: forums.asp.net forum

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 24, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi Franklin,

I believe you are mistaken. I am not referring to OAuth providers existing on the web. I am referring to the new Win10 SSO providers described in this talk from BUILD: https://channel9.msdn.com/events/Build/2015/2-709

This refers to authentication providers that use a custom authentication workflow differentiating from standards such as OAuth. In this case a custom provider can have a local application register with OS to handle authentication requests to its provider. This application should be able to provide UI and control the authentication workflow while saving user tokens within OS.

So what I am looking for is sample code for the UWP application that registers as an authentication provider and the client code for this provider on how to receive and handle authentication requests. The above video only showed a couple of incomplete snippets. And sample code I have discovered only demonstrates the consumer, not the provider.

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi RIP27,

It's my fault to misunderstanding your question, indeed there is very limited resource about Web Account Provider and no one is about how to create your own provider, what I know is Microsoft is working on enrich the related documents and samples on the Github, please keep following the updates. You can also leave your comments on the Github Issue.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by IssueKiller Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:46 PM
    Sunday, July 26, 2015 12:43 PM