[UWP]Is there a way to customize the SIP on UWP desktop apps? RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Embedded Compact 7 provided an option to customize the SIP by either modifying or adding a new IM/IME to the OS so that the custom virtual keyboard can be used by your app. I looked around for a similar solution for the UWP desktop apps and all I can find is: 1) Either develop a custom popup window to mimic a virtual keyboard for text input or 2) use an existing keyboard app from the App Store...

I am curious if anyone knows of a better/easier way to customize the SIP for UWP desktop apps similar to what WEC7 offered? Fyi, I am using XAML with C++ for my app development. 

Thanks,

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi t_feras,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Thanks Amy for the heads up. 
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:38 PM