none
Updating a JavaScript app to include a C++ binary RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on updating my JavaScript app to include a C++ binary and am a bit confused about the process and about what users will see.  Because the  firstversion of my app was only JavaScript, it was a universal app.  However, now that I have native code in my app, my build is producing 3 separate appx packages: x86, x64, and ARM.  When I update the app, do I now just submit all 3 appx packages?  And if so, when the update goes live, will my users be directed to download the appropriate update based on their platform?
    Friday, December 14, 2012 5:23 PM

Answers

• Correct on both counts: you'll submit the three packages (or two if you like: x86 will run on x64). This will be pretty much transparent to the user. When they download the app they will automatically get the most appropriate version for their platform.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Adam Gross Friday, December 14, 2012 7:45 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 7:42 PM

All replies

• Correct on both counts: you'll submit the three packages (or two if you like: x86 will run on x64). This will be pretty much transparent to the user. When they download the app they will automatically get the most appropriate version for their platform.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Adam Gross Friday, December 14, 2012 7:45 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Great, thanks Rob!
    Friday, December 14, 2012 7:45 PM