none
System.Xml.XPath in Universal Windows Platform RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have the following problem:

According to MSDN, Extensions class in System.Xml.XPath should be available for Universal Windows Platform (Windows 10):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xpath.extensions(v=vs.110).aspx

However in default configuration not even the System.Xml.XPath namespace is available. The compiler and IntelliSense doesn't find it and even Resharper is unable to find the missing reference - although according to MSDN it should be in System.Xml.Linq.dll. (I can use LINQ without any problem)

Also in the reference manager I was unable to find a fitting assembly.

With some research I've found this official System.Xml.XPath package on NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/System.Xml.XPath/

However this does not contain the Extension class (and thus the XPathSelectElement extension method) either. (But at least the other XPath classes)

Am I doing something wrong or this is an error in the documentation and none of these classes are available for Windows 10?

Things I've already done:

• Visual Studio restart
    • Windows restart
    • Test on a different computer

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
    Botond

• Edited by Botond Fazekas Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:34 PM greeting
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:34 PM

Answers

• Hello Botond,

Please search the System.Xml.XPath.XDocument Package on Nuget. And add it to your Project. Then you can use the Extensions class and also the XPathSelectElement extension method.

Hope it works for you.

Best Regards,

winffee

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Botond,

Please search the System.Xml.XPath.XDocument Package on Nuget. And add it to your Project. Then you can use the Extensions class and also the XPathSelectElement extension method.

Hope it works for you.

Best Regards,

winffee

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:06 AM
  • Thank you, it did help!
    Friday, January 15, 2016 8:54 AM