none
Issue with emulator? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my machine and installed the Windows Phone developer tools (provided by Microsoft). I am able to drag controls etc and I now want to see it in action using the emulator. Having searched on the web I found that the emulator is "not that great". I have come across numerous issues with it and have managed to resolved them based on several forum posts.

At the moment, when I try to run the emulator it just stays stuck at the point of saying its doing a reboot? Have I missed something here or is the emulator generally troublesome?

I hope I don't seem whiny, I have spent hours setting the environment up and now the emulator is giving me s*** :(

Thanks in advance, Onam.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:24 PM

All replies

• Most people find the emulator works quite well.  Myself, I've had very few problems with it despite the lack of some functionality, but that's fairly minor.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Did you download the updates from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=49B9D0C5-6597-4313-912A-F0CCA9C7D277 by any chance? Whats your machine spec?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:26 PM
  • Is there anyway of hacking it to get the emulator to work on a DirectX 9 card?
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Is there anyway of hacking it to get the emulator to work on a DirectX 9 card?
    No.  You need DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 as stated in the requirements.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:44 PM
  • Is it possible to connect my phone and run it? I guess I don't need the emulator if I can use the real thing...
    Friday, March 18, 2011 8:43 AM