[UWP]Is it possible to Sending Midi Message to "All" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have testing the MIDI sample project and is wondering if there is a way to broadcast/send a midi message to "all" devices?

For example, a midi keyboard doesn't have to tell to whom it sending it's midi, its up to the program (for example a DAW) or another device to pick it up. DAWs on the other hand doesn't show up as a midi devices even if it can recieve MIDI messages. DAWs also can listen to "All midi Inputs" without specifying a special device.

I hope this is possible to do?

I am trying to remote control my DAW from my app but since it doesn't show up as a device I cant find a way to send messages to it..  

Am I missing something, or can I only send (and recieve) messages to (and from) devices that can be found?

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, October 6, 2019 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I have testing the MIDI sample project and is wondering if there is a way to broadcast/send a midi message to "all" devices?

It is not possible to broadcast the message without knowing which device to send to.

>>I am trying to remote control my DAW from my app but since it doesn't show up as a device I cant find a way to send messages to it..

Please check whether the device supports windows 10 system. If the device is windows 10 compatiable, they should be found by windows through FindAllAsync.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:07 AM