UWP: Failed to set access rights for AppX RRS feed

• Question

• UWP + Template10 + VS2015 continues to have basic development issues.

Debugging this Minimal Template 10 UWP app (git repo) gives the following error:

Error DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80070005: Failed to set access rights to AppX. (0x80070005) CSVtoQBsIIFConverter

All I did was add a README.txt and try to debug. It builds just fine but fails to deploy with the above error message.

Environment:

• Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.1198
    • VS 2015 Pro, Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    • Template 10 (installed from Nuget), Version 1.1.12.

I have tried:

• altering the Package.appmanifest->Capabilities to allow all permissions.
    • running VS2015 as Administrator.
    • searching here and the Internet for answers.

Your suggestions are very welcome!

Monday, May 22, 2017 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard Freytag,

There’s no problem when debugging your project in my side. Your issue might be related to authority of the folder. You might need to do some troubleshooting.

Please check if you have full right to the current login system account to the folder with your code.

Please try to create a new blank project and debug it to see if you will face this issue.

You could also move your project folder to another drive, D:\your project folder

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:23 AM
  • @Richard Freytag,

Any update?

Have you solved this question?

If you have any other concern regarding this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Xavier

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:42 AM