none
App name exactly the same. ALMOST? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been selling an app called Teleprompter Pro in the Store for over 5 years and invested money promoting it and with lots of good reviews around the Internet. 

Recently I noticed the sales dropping and couldn't understand why until I received an email from a customer informing me of an app released in the last few months with the exact same name.  They have just added a period to the end calling it Teleprompter Pro.  

Is this allowed? 

This is immoral and misleading to the customer who sees a review and YouTube video about my app then searches the store and thinks this other one is mine. 

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi qualar1,

There's actually one item about this in the app's naming tips:Be original.Make sure your app name is distinctive enough so that it isn't easily confused with an existing app. If the app does violate your rights, you can click on the last item with the name Report this app to Microsoft at the bottom right of the app page. Then you could report the app in the following form:

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi qualar1,

There's actually one item about this in the app's naming tips:Be original.Make sure your app name is distinctive enough so that it isn't easily confused with an existing app. If the app does violate your rights, you can click on the last item with the name Report this app to Microsoft at the bottom right of the app page. Then you could report the app in the following form:

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 10:14 AM
  • Thank you.  I have reported the app.  I'm sure they must remove otherwise we could end up with apps like

Word.

Excel.

PowerPoint. 

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:43 PM
  • I created a support request about this but Microsoft just closed the request with no action.  I'm sure if this was a Microsoft they would have done something. 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:05 PM