none
Is app submission from DreamSpark developers postponed? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently submitted my app updates for certification, but the certification process failed stating:

Thanks for your interest in Windows Store. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting applications submitted through the DreamSpark developer program.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We also encourage you to read a recent blog on how to make your app more visible in the Store (https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/01/15/give-your-apps-more-visibility-six-recommendations-for-2016) to build quality apps that customers want. Please reach out to Developer Support if you have any questions.

Locations: Metadata

So, will DreamSpark developers won't be able to submit apps to windows store in the future ? Or is this a temporary issue?

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• I Too Have Same Issue And I have deadline to submit app in three days is there any one please provide help
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:13 AM
  • Hi Today when I submitted my app they replied your app is non-complain . but they are not accepting app's with dreamspark account . I want to know is there any method to submit my app to the store without dreamspark account so that  I have my app in the store
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:39 AM
  • i have also the same issue ....how we get out through this .
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:36 AM
  • I have the same problem
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 4:05 AM
  • Yeah same thing happened to me as well.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/3f90fbf2-42a3-4c85-8fc3-6ac8bb06c173/is-app-submission-from-dreamspark-developers-postponed?forum=wpsubmit

Saturday, February 13, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Even I am facing the same issue. I published my app 2 days  ago and just today at 3 AM IST tried to submit a bugfix but couldn't. I hope the issue is temporary. 
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Do anyone know what Microsoft has to say on this issue.
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:59 AM
  • I have the same problem :(
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:49 PM
  • I have the same problem here, maybe it is just a issue for some days ...

• Edited by Almir VukMVP Saturday, February 13, 2016 5:07 PM
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 5:07 PM
  • We can all hope that's the case, and gets resolved very soon. 
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 4:48 AM
  • no one from the microsoft is giving a proper answer .
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:56 PM
  • when we submitting an app from our dev account which is registered with dreamspark(as a student developers) ,that given an error in certification process and gives attention needed report that delays us to publishing an app . Requesting to get an proper answer  from people and microsoft support for this problem . 

DreamSpark: 17.1 DreamSpark - General

Thanks for your interest in Windows Store. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting applications submitted through the DreamSpark developer program.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We also encourage you to read a recent blog on how to make your app more visible in the Store (https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/01/15/give-your-apps-more-visibility-six-recommendations-for-2016) to build quality apps that customers want. Please reach out to Developer Support if you have any questions.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:07 PM
  • when we submitting an app from our dev account which is registered with dreamspark(as a student developers) ,that given an error in certification process and gives attention needed report that delays us to publishing an app . Requesting to get an proper answer  from people and microsoft support for this problem . 

DreamSpark: 17.1 DreamSpark - General

Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:08 PM
  • how me know that , when the problem get resolve by microsoft :some have to give answer
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:15 PM
  • how we get out through this
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:16 PM
  • Microsoft is working around the suspension of App Publishing Maybe we can hope they will clear the issue soon
    Monday, February 15, 2016 10:00 AM
  • Hello all,

The message received is correct.  There have been issues with misuse of Dreamspark accounts that were causing severe issues with the Store.  However, we realize that many of you are not part of this activity and as such we can help you by contacting Developer Support.  Please contact them directly so that they have your account information and can get your apps set up for success!

Thanks

Jo

Windows App and Catalog Operations

Jo T Smith

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Hello all,

The message received is correct.  There have been issues with misuse of Dreamspark accounts that were causing severe issues with the Store.  However, we realize that many of you are not part of this activity and as such we can help you by contacting Developer Support.  Please contact them directly so that they have your account information and can get your apps set up for success!

Thanks

Jo

Windows App and Catalog Operations

Jo T Smith

I contacted the support but they said they don't have enough information at this time. So I it will take some time for them to resolve this problem from their end to gather information about the more information. Thanks Jo.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Any updates on this?
    Friday, February 19, 2016 7:28 AM
  • I also contacted the support anh they said they will check up on that. One day later, I update my app, "In the store" now :) Thank you, Jo
    Friday, February 19, 2016 8:13 AM
  • woah, it's fixed now.

Thanks.

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Hello All,

DreamSpark app submissions are now reinstated. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any questions please open a support request with Dev Center support.

-Eric

Contact Dev Center Support

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:52 PM
    Owner
  • hi guys,i want to ask you a question.here i have a desktop and a laptop but there is no windows operating system on them so i want to make sure that can i use my dreamspark activation key on both of my devices, thank you:)
    Friday, March 18, 2016 6:40 PM
  • we currently dreamspark codes not accepting in the dev center account registration why any reason. when date is accepting dreamspark codes dev center
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:04 AM