Re-downloading Apps and Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Same issue with my apps too, old users that have downloaded last year my app while it was free, can not download it now while its paid. It gives this 80004005 Store error. And the worst thing is users dont know that this is caused by the store and tend to give bad ratings, this is not good for my apps and Microsoft should provide us a way to report this misplaced reviews because this is not an review for our apps its instead the rating for the Store and the Microsoft service so the developers should not take this. It would be ok if this does not cause troubles with the store ratings but one 1 star rating makes 50 rating of 5 stars like they would not even be there! :(

This issue really needs to be fixed i´m losing my patience because this last from 2014, july till now, soon is again july and what happened?! A dozens of bad reviews where i cant respond to users without to apology for the inability that Microsoft (a SOFTWARE Tech gigant) can not fix this issue. Really if this was the issue in my app i wold fix this within 10 minutes. But it looks like apps are not important to Microsoft and the Store...

Oh and i forgot to write to this two links above, the support people that work there tell my users this issue is my fault! so i will NOT give this links to my users because its clearly not our (developers) fault. And the Dev Center support is also not suited for repairing some issues so they will not help either. I have contacted them on regard of my apps and this issue still is "pending" since march! and the worst, i have an universal app and if users pay for it on Windows Phone they can not download it on Windows 8.1, the app is perfectly fine just the Store isn't so this issue is really a big one. I and i believe many developers will be turned off from Windows universal app and generally apps for Windows/Windows Phone if they get aware of this issue.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:45 AM

All replies

• Any progress on this?  Users of my app are still reporting that their in-app purchases are lost and they are understandably upset.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:26 PM
  • Is Microsoft still working on the fix? Note that a phone hard-reset does not resolve the issue.

Update: Even reflashing the firmware using the "Windows Phone Recovery Tool" does not resolve the issue. Error 80004005 persists.

Friday, May 22, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Is Microsoft still working on the fix? Note that a phone hard-reset does not resolve the issue.

Update: Even reflashing the firmware using the "Windows Phone Recovery Tool" does not resolve the issue. Error 80004005 persists.

Same as i tought because the entry on the Microsoft ID of this particular user is faulty. The store messed something up. For me it get even worse now i have two apps and till last month it was only one with this error. Now my second paid app which is an universal app. So users should pay once and have it on their PC/Phone, i got emails from users where they can not install the apps even if they paid on the Phone. Submitted already this issue but nobody responds and nobody will fix it, i know it :(

They just wait until we lost this users and say "see, the error is gone" yes and with it my users too.

• Edited by dinchy Sunday, May 31, 2015 11:21 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2015 11:20 PM
  • Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:26 PM