none
[uwp] 0xc000027b RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I tested my app on my VS. The app worked well.

Next I build an package to Windows Store, It was published.

But now when I enter the app on the other device it crashes:

Here is, translated to English, info from Windows diary:

Module name:: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, wersja: 10.0.18362.207, sygnatura czasowa: 0xbf30fb52
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Module path:: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to run the release build on the target device? Does it give the same behavior? The error code means a common error "An application-internal exception has occurred." It's important to find out what is happening exactly. Does it happens randomly or you have a stable reproduce steps?  Could you please try to use the Application.UnhandledException Event to see if the event could give more information? Also, you could use other tools like HockyApp and App Center to get an error log for this.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BitSmithy Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:45 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi,

First we don't know how to check the Windows.UI.Xaml.dll as well. So we could not offer suggestions about this. 

Since you had uploaded the app to the store, are there other many crashes like this?  Because based on the post, it happens on only one device. This might be more related to the specific device's system. But if there are more crash report in the store, it needs more support and it's not suitable to discuss via the forum. I'd suggest you to open a support ticket for this. Select Developer Tools-> Windows UWP Development-> Universal App UI Development-> XAML controls, layout, and data binding. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BitSmithy Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:44 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to run the release build on the target device? Does it give the same behavior? The error code means a common error "An application-internal exception has occurred." It's important to find out what is happening exactly. Does it happens randomly or you have a stable reproduce steps?  Could you please try to use the Application.UnhandledException Event to see if the event could give more information? Also, you could use other tools like HockyApp and App Center to get an error log for this.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by BitSmithy Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:45 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2019 2:13 AM
  • >>Have you tried to run the release build on the target device?

I install app from windows store, so I dont understand what is going about.

Please answer what is going about.

>>Does it happens randomly or you have a stable reproduce steps?

I tested on 4 devices (Laptops)

On 3 devices it works well, without crashes

On 1 device it crashes every time when app is launched (windows store health report, reports the same, there is  percentage of crashes every day globally).

Could you please try to use the Application.UnhandledException Event to see if the event could give more information?

I did it, I have now additional info if crash is involwed with one of user controls.

But this UserControl compiles well, and works well on other devices. So I dont know where is the problem.

The additional info is that, the UserControl is complicated, has some FlyoutMenus attached to buttons with usage of converters. 

Have you got any idea, how to check where error occurs in such complicated user controll? Please answer.

>>Also, you could use other tools like HockyApp and App Center to get an error log for this.

I dont know those apps but I will check them.

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

As you mentioned in your last reply, it's caused by a usercontrol. Could you please share me about the usercontrol? Have you tried to use Visual Studio to run a release mode on the device that gives error? Does it also gives the error? 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:36 AM
  • >>Could you please share me about the usercontrol?

How to do it?

>>Have you tried to use Visual Studio to run a release mode on the device that gives error?

Please explain me what it means. I use only debug run on developement device. On test devices I install app always from Windows Store.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

>>Please explain me what it means. I use only debug run on developement device. On test devices I install app always from Windows Store.

Since it happens on different devices, this could help to check if the app could run correctly in local. If the problems happens, it's much easier to debug it in Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:13 AM
  • I instaled VS on the device where problem occurs. VS reads and runs the user control without errors.

The problem is probably with Windows.UI.Xaml.dll. Preparing a windows store pack, my development device  uses the dll which doesnt work on all devices. It is possible that is conflict between this dll and rest of code, too.

I dont know how to check and control dll version which VS uses to prepare Win Store pack. Could you answer how to do it?

• Edited by BitSmithy Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

First we don't know how to check the Windows.UI.Xaml.dll as well. So we could not offer suggestions about this. 

Since you had uploaded the app to the store, are there other many crashes like this?  Because based on the post, it happens on only one device. This might be more related to the specific device's system. But if there are more crash report in the store, it needs more support and it's not suitable to discuss via the forum. I'd suggest you to open a support ticket for this. Select Developer Tools-> Windows UWP Development-> Universal App UI Development-> XAML controls, layout, and data binding. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by BitSmithy Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:44 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Since you had uploaded the app to the store, are there other many crashes like this?  Because based on the post, it happens on only one device.

There is percentage of crashes in Windows Store globally. But among my test devices, I found crashes only occurs on the one of them.

I copied the code of user control and code of the app to a newly created project, it compiled without errors, so I now try to publish the app. If errors will be occuring again I will open a suport ticket.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:44 PM