none
Rebuild and Deploy with each code change in Visual Studio 2017

Question

• Hi all

I am using Visual Studio 2017 to build a UWP app. I have noticed that in order for any code changes to appear when I start the debugger, I have to go through the process of rebuilding and deploying. Is this normal or is there an option I can use to avoid this?

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This behavior is normal. It needs rebuild and then deploying when you need to debug it so that it could compile the latest changes. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi,

This behavior is normal. It needs rebuild and then deploying when you need to debug it so that it could compile the latest changes. 

Best regards,

Roy

Thanks. 

So if I do not set any breakpoints, make a code change, and then run the application, I should see those changes in the app?

Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:35 AM
  • @SanxionUK,

Some test about this shows that deploy is actually needed. If you want to avoid manually deploy your app, try enabled deploy under Visual Studio->Build->Configuration manager for your debug option.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 1:59 AM