none
how to relate actual bank payment to new transaction history data? RRS feed

• Question

• In the previous system, you could select a payment and download the transactions for just that payment.

That capability was there for several years and is required for my scenario where I have to pay royalties to a 3rd party based on app revenue.

The new transaction history makes it impossible to relate a bank deposit to a transaction. I see the paymentId and paymentStatus (Sent, Unprocessed, etc) which could theoretically be used but the paymentId doesn't appear on the bank deposit details contrary to what is described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/payout-summary

I downloaded transactions for June and July and the $ don't add up no matter how I look at it.

Very disappointed with this new reporting process.

Sunday, September 8, 2019 7:07 PM

Answers

• It turns out I can get the information i was looking for.

On the Payments page https://partner.microsoft.com/dashboard/payouts/reports/incentivepayments you can then click on the View link next to a particular payment which puts you on the Transaction History page where you can then download transactions, and it turns out those transactions are for that payment. It isn't obvious that the transaction history is for the selected payment due to the various filtering criteria on the page.

The numbers also don't quite add up. For example, the bank deposit might be for $100 but if you sum column R (earningAmountUSD) you might get $100.02. Close enough for my purposes.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:55 AM

All replies

• The new transaction history display store fee data,not Amount paid,so the data is a big bug! 
    Monday, September 9, 2019 3:26 AM
  • I am looking at column R (earningAmountUSD) and it is correctly showing my earnings for both ads and app sales for June and July 2019. I don't see any issues with that.

My problem is only the inability to match transactions with bank payments.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:07 AM
  • Hello Arthur,

The document(Transaction history page) describes the details for transaction history report, I checked it and doesn't find the way for your purpose. Could you make a support ticket to ask the team for one-to-one help directly, if you receive no response please post the ticket number here, I will help you to contact them.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:43 AM
  • It turns out I can get the information i was looking for.

On the Payments page https://partner.microsoft.com/dashboard/payouts/reports/incentivepayments you can then click on the View link next to a particular payment which puts you on the Transaction History page where you can then download transactions, and it turns out those transactions are for that payment. It isn't obvious that the transaction history is for the selected payment due to the various filtering criteria on the page.

The numbers also don't quite add up. For example, the bank deposit might be for $100 but if you sum column R (earningAmountUSD) you might get $100.02. Close enough for my purposes.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:55 AM
  • me too,
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:19 AM