none
update KB4549951 has created network issues/network drives RRS feed

• Question

• Have customer that last friday all was good. Friday night update installed. Monday morning, cannot connect to network drives or other PCs on network. Quickbooks hosted on other machine and other PCs running fine for now. I mention QB because it also created an issue with not being able to log in if other people are on. So no multi user mode ability from this updated machine only. Office in in a workgroup, all windows 10, however this machine is a window 10 home PC. 5 machines on network only this one updated. I was able to get to other network machine using IP addresses and mapped a network drive that way but it was running really slow. Check SMB settings and functional discovery in services. Any suggestions. I even did a full system restore since nothing is really on this machine and still nothing.
    Monday, April 20, 2020 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi ASD tech,

1) uninstall KB4549951
    2) update the latest drivers (especially that of network adapter)

[note] uninstall KB4549951
    1. press [Window]+[R], and type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes)

2. click [View installed updates]

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 12:11 AM
  • In Control-Panel/Networking/Change adapter settings/delete all but the current adapter in use,this eliminates running multiple connections at one time.Also,open Internet Options/set all to default.Maybe also open Administrator Tools/Event Viewer/System/Expand the tree,chk for errors-warnings/etc/clear data when thru..
    Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:04 AM