none
Not able to submit the app to Enterprise Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have developed a cordova UWP app and in process of distributing the same to internal business users through Microsoft store.

This app need to fetch data from back end services (for obvious reasons..) within the organizations. So we need to enable the private networks capability. As you guys aware, this fails certification process 

• The Application cannot include an ApplicationContentUriRule with 'all' or 'allowForWebOnly' WindowsRuntimeAccess while any of the following capabilities are enabled: enterpriseAuthentication, sharedUserCertificates, musicLibrary, picturesLibrary, videosLibrary, removableStorage, documentLibrary, internetClientServer, privateNetworkClientServer.

My question is..

- what is the purpose of having business store, if it has to go through same cert process. Is there any way to bypass the certification process and still be able to submit the app and distribute to internal users

- If answer is No to above question, how to address this issue. Running local mode is not an option because the app is developed using React framework which relies heavily on DOM manipulation 

I have created a case SRX1432153909ID 

Thanks,

Prasad

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:52 AM

All replies

• > Is there any way to bypass the certification process and still be able to submit the app and distribute to internal users
       No. The app must go through the same certification process, and must comply with all Microsoft Store Policies.
    When the app manifest declares remote URIs or Web Context to have access to WinRT, then the public Windows Store will prevent on-boarding of apps that have the following capabilities declared:
         Enterprise Authentication (enterpriseAuthentication) 
         Shared User Certificates (sharedUserCertificates) 
         Documents Library (documentsLibrary) 
         Music Library (musicLibrary) 
         Pictures Library (picturesLibrary) 
         Videos Library (videosLibrary) 
         Removable Storage (removableStorage) 
         Internet client/server (internetClientServer) - note that internetClient is still permitted 
         Private network client/server (privateNetworkClientServer)
    Each of the library restrictions may be worked around by requesting that the user interact with the file system via a file picker. This prevents malicious injected code from arbitrarily accessing (for example) the file system.
    The network-related restrictions must be worked around by either using an API that doesn't use capability checks or by brokering communication via standard internet communication channels, such as XMLHttpRequest or Web Sockets.
    The Enterprise Authentication and Shared User Certificates capabilities are specifically targeted at Enterprise scenarios. These capabilities are supported for private/enterprise-enabled App Stores, so if you are building apps which are going to be deployed to an internal deployment mechanism, you can still support these. 
    Could you remove capabilities which is no need when certifying your app in the store?
    You can get information in the articles : What’s New in Windows 10 for Cordova and Cordova for Windows 10

Best Regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:57 AM
  • Hello Daisy,

I have gone through this documentation.

Application is not working if I don't include the private networks option.

Network calls are made using fetch npm library.

"whatwg-fetch": "^1.0.0"

Can you suggest how to work around that ?

Thanks,

Prasad

Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:58 AM
  • Hello Daisy,

I am unable to resolve this still..any idea on how to get around this ??

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:07 PM
  • Hello Daisy,

I am unable to resolve this still..any idea on how to get around this ??

Hi Prasad,

Would you find the solution for that. If yes please share the solution to us even we are facing the same.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:40 AM