none
[UWP] What folder/file is this (speech)?

Question

• Hi,

I am developing uwp apps.

Strangely, I found a folder named "C:\Users....\Packages\..6g0j...\LocalState\speech\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons"

in LocalState folder of my app installed location.

What is this folder speech? what is the purpose of this folder and file inside it?

I did not find this folder/file ever before this time!

Thanks and regards.

• Edited by Bhadurudeen Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Did you use the Speech recognition in your application? I run the sample SpeechRecognitionAndSynthesis in github and get the same situation as you. The Lexicons contain the mapping between the written representations and the pronunciations of words or short phrases and specifies how the engine expects a word to be pronounced using characters from a single phonetic alphabet.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bhadurudeen Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:25 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you use the Speech recognition in your application? I run the sample SpeechRecognitionAndSynthesis in github and get the same situation as you. The Lexicons contain the mapping between the written representations and the pronunciations of words or short phrases and specifies how the engine expects a word to be pronounced using characters from a single phonetic alphabet.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bhadurudeen Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:25 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Yes. You are correct! Thanks for your answer.
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:25 PM