The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP][XBOX] How to add commands to Xbox Controller and Interact with WebView RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, so I have this app. it works (for the most part) but… the controller can’t interact with the video player. So if I play a video in full screen for some reason the controller doesn’t show anything and I lose control of the app.
    What I basically want to do is to get the controller to go full screen when the menu or option button are pressed, if the video player is in full screen mode then back to window mode. At the same time, I want to use B to exit full screen.
    And another thing, how can I make the controller interact with a web view object? Every time the controller focuses on the web view control I can’t do anything. The page won’t move, pressing anything won’t do anything…
    And again I can’t find any documentation about it.
    Thanks.

Monday, April 11, 2016 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hello Danny

We haven't yet implemented controller support for these two controls so unfortunately, you are hitting a known limitation. This will be addressed in a future developer preview. 

One thing you can try for the WebView scenario, if you control the content that is being displayed, is to use DirectionalNavigational code from TV Helpers to help with controller navigation. 

Radu

Friday, April 15, 2016 10:49 PM