The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
How to provide chromium flags to change WebView2 mDNS behavior by using CreateWebView2EnvironmentWithDetails API? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing WebRTC application on Microsoft Edge Chromium. I want to change the value of enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns of edge: / /flags page from 'Default' to 'Disabled'.

According to the MSDN webview2 doc, the API CreateWebView2EnvironmentWithDetails has an argument additionalBrowserArguments which can change chromium flags. I've tried the following values which don't work at all.
    WCHAR args_1[] = TEXT("--enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns=0");
    WCHAR args_2[] = TEXT("--disable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns");
    WCHAR args_3[] = TEXT("--edge-webview-switches=\"--enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns=0\"");
    WCHAR args_4[] = TEXT("--edge-webview-switches=--enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns=0");
    WCHAR args_5[] = TEXT("--edge-webview-switches=--disable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns");

CreateWebView2EnvironmentWithDetails(nullptr, nullptr, args_n, callback_handler);

I'm using Microsoft Edge with version 80.0.315.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit).

Thanks in advance

Ken

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We noticed that you have the same problem with StackOverflow, my colleague has already replied to you, you can continue to track this issue there, thank you.

Best regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:07 AM
  • Thanks to you all. Your answer solves my problem. I appreciate that.
    Friday, November 29, 2019 7:27 AM