none
Unable to sending and receiving emails in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows 10 PC, I use the mail app for my emails. From the last 2 days I am facing an issue, I am unable to sending and receiving email. 

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Emma,

Truthfully, this type of issue isn’t always easy to solve but you don't worry we are here to help you. I understand that this issues' affected users have got a message stating the system failed to send emails.

Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

-Delete account then re-add it
    1. open the mail app
    2. Click the Settings button
    3. Click the button Manage Accounts
    4. then select your account from the list.
    5. After that, click on Delete account from this device
    6. restart the Mail app and then add the account again.

-Reset the Mail app

1. right-click on the Windows start button
    2. select Apps & Features from the menu
    3. scroll down to Mail & Calendar, You will see Advanced option
    4. Click on Reset.
    5. restart your computer
    6. open the mail app and then log in to your email account

-Uninstall & reinstall the Mail app

keep in mind these fixes will not affect your email account because they are all saved in the cloud. If these steps does not solve your issue you can contact email support professional for your account.

Best Regards,

Max Watson

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:20 AM
  • Thank you Mr. David for your reply. let me follow these steps I hope your suggestion will help to solve this issue. Last day I have contacted email support number then a tech guy picked up my call, he told me your email is perfectly working fine, the main issue is with your Windows 10 mail app. 

And really email is working fine in another browser and I am able to send and receive emails via a web browser but when I am trying to open my email in the mail app then I am getting this issue.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:27 AM
  • Thanks for reply, Just follow these steps, Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Max Watson

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:32 AM