The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
My app cannot access to c:\Users\<Username> or c:\Users if my username is in non latin characters RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a custom game engine that reads Appdata location from c++ and

convert it into utf-8 string and send it to Managed part of the engine.

I see that non latin usernames are correctely converted and can be properly read in C#.

The problem is, I cannot create a file/read file(c# FileExist function fails) when I'm using a non latin username.

I've tested this case with English username and it works flawlessly.

Is there a permission issue when using a non latin username?

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any error code or detailed message when you failed to create or read the file? Also, I'm a little confused, what's the custom game engine? Have you tried use the UWP API to read or create file directly?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:42 AM