none
How xBind will enhance performance? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to check the x:Bind performance and if it really improve the performance, Then I will implement it in my UWP application. I have created sample application to check this, but I did't find considerable performance difference.

Please help me to make best use of x:Bind feature.

My Performance results:

Sample Project can be downloaded from here.

Thanks.

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

>>Please help me to make best use of x:Bind feature.

The “x:Bind” is just a syntax, its usage is already in document. What you are looking for is when to use the x:Bind, am I right? Since the x:Bind would provide compile-time syntax validation and produce strongly typed code at compile-time to handle the bindings, that means if your binding source type are known ahead, I think you could just use the x:Bind.

>>but I did't find considerable performance difference.

Maybe you could just increase the number of test items to 10 thousands or more to check the result

I saw some photography which shows the improvement of the x:Bind, you could check them:

The CPU usage:

The memory usage:

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:23 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2015 3:11 AM