none
[UWP]Cannot Create Packages For Store RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app that works perfectly when I debug it (and it is also an extremely simple app), but when I attempt to create the app packages (by going to Store -> Create App Packages...), I receive the following errors:

ILC has encountered an error. Refer to the .NET Native compatibility documentation and support information at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=392869 for assistance.

This package cannot be compiled because it contains a file named 'WhosTheOne.xr.xml'. This file name is reserved for use by the compiler.

In the first error, it makes it sound like I am using something in my code that works slightly different in .NET Native, but nothing at the mentioned site seemed very useful, since my code is pretty basic. In the second error, I am unaware of any file with the mentioned name (WhosTheOne is the name of my project, but I am unaware of a file named WhosTheOne.xr.xml). Why am I getting these errors, and why am I getting them when attempting to create packages for the store, but the app runs fine when debugging?

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Sunday, September 1, 2019 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently we could not tell what's the problem is. I have some questions for troubleshooting this issue. Have you tried to run your app directly in release mode? Does it give the same error? What about creating a blank UWP app and then package it? Does it works? What's the OS version of your device and the target version of your app?  I searched about this but found most of these issues are caused by the NuGet package-Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform. What's the version of this NuGet package? Have you tired to update this to the latest version? 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 3:21 AM
  • If I run it in Release mode it gives the following errors:

ILC has encountered an error. Refer to the .NET Native compatibility documentation and support information at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=392869 for assistance.
    This package cannot be compiled because it contains a file named 'clrcompression.dll'. This file name is reserved for use by the compiler.

Note that the first error is the same, but the second one is the same message, but a different file. I also tried running it in Debug mode, and the first time it said something about remote drives not being supported (D:\ is a network drive), and then the second time (without changing any settings or code) it gave the following errors:

Cannot copy file "D:\W10Toolkit\WhosTheOne\Assets\LargeTile.scale-100.png" to layout "D:\W10Toolkit\WhosTheOne\bin\AppX\Assets\LargeTile.scale-100.png". DirectoryNotFoundException - Could not find a part of the path 'D:\W10Toolkit\WhosTheOne\bin\AppX\Assets\LargeTile.scale-100.png'. [0x80070003]
    DEP0700: Registration of the app failed. [0x80073D1F]

When I tried creating a blank UWP app and packaging it (which I had actually already tried several times before my original post) it did the same thing. I am using Windows Version 1903 Build 18362.295, and the target version of my app is 1809 Build 17763 (although I tried it with several of the other target versions also). I was using version 6.2.8 of that NuGet package, so I updated it to 6.2.9, but I still get the following errors:

This package cannot be compiled because it contains a file named 'clrcompression.dll'. This file name is reserved for use by the compiler.

I'm also going to mention something that I just tried, which is recreating the packages for another app in the same solution that I successfully created & submitted just a couple days ago. This app is also now giving the following error when I attempt to create the packages, even though it is also an extremely small & simple app that is in the same solution

DEP0700: Registration of the app failed. [0x80073D1F]

But this app was successfully creating the packages before (and those packages were successfully submitted as well). I'm not sure what could have changed (or how it could have gotten changed), so I'm not sure where to go next. Any ideas? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Monday, September 2, 2019 4:13 PM
  • Hi ,

This problem is strange and it is not suitable to discuss via the forum. It needs more professional support. I suggest that you might need to open a support ticket for this. Please contact our paid phone support at MS Support. You will get 1:1 support on that. Please kindly note that your support ticket will be free if it is Microsoft's issue.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:46 AM