none
Changing Microsoft Developer Account RRS feed

• Question

• I want to publish apps in the Microsoft Store.  Problem.  My app packages show my original Microsoft Developer Account name.  I'm no longer using that name.  How do I change it so that the app packages show my new Developer Account name instead of my old one?  No rush.  Take your time.
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi E Humphries,

>I've tried changing the identity details and it doesn't seem to be working.  

Sorry for the delay reply. How did you change your identity? If you changed it in parameter in DAC cmdlet , could you mind to change your manifest manually? I mean you could unzip your package and update the manifest, then use Makeappx.exe tool to package it again.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by E Humphries Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:15 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 1:47 AM
  • Hi E Humphries,

If you want to change the value of Package/Identity/Name in your Package.appxmanifest which corresponds to the value of Package/Identity/Name in the dashboard on Product identity page, it may be not possible to change this now.

If you want to change the value of PublisherDisplayName,you could click Update (or select Contact info in the left navigation menu), make your changes, and then click Save. You could refer to Contact info for more detailed info.If I misunderstand your question, please point out.

Best regards
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 6, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Apologies.  I'll clarify.

I’m trying to publish an Edutainment app in the Microsoft Store.  I’m unable to for certain reasons. 

The app itself is an EXE file.  I’m converting it to an APPX file with the Desktop App Converter.  It’s not working for some reason.  Here’s the Desktop App Converter parameters:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> DesktopAppConverter.exe -Installer C:\users\eshum\onedrive\documents\mrnutkins\mrnutkinspackagefiles -AppExecutable MrNutkins.exe -Destination c:\DesktopAppconverter -PackageName "MrNutkins" -AppDisplayName "Mr. Nutkins" -AppDescription "Pick up trash" -PackageDisplayName "Mr. Nutkins" -Publisher "CN=Pragmatix Solutions" -Version 10.4.0.0 -MakeAppx -Verify -Sign

The appxmanifest file comes out fine.  When I upload the file to my Microsoft Partner Center account to publish it as an app, I get these error messages:

You must upload at least one package. If you are using market groups, then each market group must have at least one package.

You must fix all package validation errors before submitting.

Invalid package identity name: MrNutkins (expected: 30843NutbarGames.Mr.Nutkins)

Invalid package family name: MrNutkins_j31rx9xh9hkxw (expected: 30843NutbarGames.Mr.Nutkins_425pwvfmeen0y)

Invalid package publisher name: CN=Pragmatix Solutions (expected: CN=481CEE30-E481-4A34-AC6B-BBED73012DEC)

How do I fix this so I can publish to Microsoft Store?   Sorry to bother.  No rush.  Take your time.

• Edited by E Humphries Saturday, September 7, 2019 1:14 PM
    Saturday, September 7, 2019 1:04 PM
  • Hi E Humphries,

You need to update your manifest like the validation errors shows manually. You could open the Identity details page in Dashboard to get the manifest element and update the manifest like the follow picture shown:

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

Best regar

MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:54 AM
  • Hi.  Sorry to bother again, Miss Tian.

I've tried changing the identity details and it doesn't seem to be working.  Not blaming you.  I'm just not sure what I did wrong.  Software development can be confusing.  Once again, not your fault.  Nor Microsoft's.

Is there a way I can call Microsoft Support for this issue?  It boils down to needing to talk to someone.  That way, I can discuss the issue in exact detail.  I understand if you're busy.  Sorry to bother.  Again.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:22 PM
  • Hi E Humphries,

>I've tried changing the identity details and it doesn't seem to be working.  

Sorry for the delay reply. How did you change your identity? If you changed it in parameter in DAC cmdlet , could you mind to change your manifest manually? I mean you could unzip your package and update the manifest, then use Makeappx.exe tool to package it again.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by E Humphries Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Thank you, Miss Daisy.  That worked.  I understand why Microsoft deprecated Desktop App Converter.  Makeappx.exe is much simpler and easier.  Thank you much for your help.  Very much.  How can I refer you to Microsoft for your help and kindness?
    • Edited by E Humphries Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Sorry again.  Another problem.  

My app requires a privacy policy.  For some reason.  I didn't know that my app collected personal information.  How can I package my app so it doesn't require a privacy policy?

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:24 AM