The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

How to debug device or carrier specific problem? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
       I am experiencing a serious problem. I recently released an updated on my app "Funny Jokes" from modern creation. The update is meant to enhance the user experience by adding a few  new cool features. However, since the update, there are a small number of users experiencing "Initialization Failure" when starting the app. According to my code, this error only happens when the internet connection is spotty. However, the users report that they have perfect good 3g or wifi. I have no idea what causes this error since it works perfectly fine on my own phone, the simulator and a few friends who have installed my app. However, since angry customers tend to leave reviews, the reviews since the update have been mostly negative. Its really hurting my app. Is there any way that Microsoft can help me debug this problem? since I don't have all the devices on all different carriers? I really don't know what to do at the moment. Please help.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:36 PM