none
[UWP]Replacing the Sqlite db on update

Question

• Hi,

I am having a Win8.1 Mobile app which is having a sqlite db .I am trying to make a update for the app with a new updated db.But when i check if  i am updating it via App store it is not replacing the Sqlite db as the old version still available in the app.But if i Sideload the app or do a fresh installation from store new version of Db is coming. I think there is some issue with the build action where i am going wrong. Kindly help me to set the options, so that the db will be replaced in the update.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May I know where you keep the sqlite db? In the local folder or insider the package? 

If you put the sqlite db in the local folder, it might get such problems as the local folder will not be cleaned when you update your app with a new version.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for late reply.The sqlite db is placed in the local folder only. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to keep it updated.

Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

If the sqlite db is not very large, you could try to keep it inside your project and package the project with the sqlite db inside of it.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 26, 2018 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates for this?

Does my reply make sense?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:07 AM