none
Error DEP6957. can't debug on remote machine

Question

• for some reason I can't run my app on my Xbox One. At first it says "bootstrap remote deployment with universal authentication failed" then gives error code DEP6957 saying it "failed to connect to device (the Xbox's IP) using universal authentication. this is despite the fact I updated VS2015 to 10.0.17763.0.

I have pinged the Xbox One and it returns a ping. they are also on the same network. something odd is it is not asking for the pin to pair with the Xbox. this is a new computer and a fresh install of VS2015. So it should ask for it.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So you are using VS 2015? As far as I know, VS 2015 could only using Windows 10 SDK build 14393 as the highest.

Have you tried to restart the Xbox? What's the OS version of your xbox? Could you give me the detailed version number (like 17763.0.xxx)?

Does it work correctly before? What has been done before this issue happens?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 7, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hello

My VS goes to 10.0.17763. but I choose 14393 because it is the most stable. I released my last project in 16299. however that had a game crashing issues where pressing the "B" button would go to the dashboard for some reason. So I released an update in 14393 and it worked fine after that. So I wish to release this project in 14393 as well. But I don't think the target vision is the issue as no matter what I run it as I will always get a pop up saying "unable to start debugging, operation not supported, Unknown error 0x8007057"

I have restarted the Xbox multiple times and have left it un-powered. but it does not correct the issue.

My Xbox's OS version is 10.0.17763.3065. as for what has been done I am not sure. just normal use.

• Edited by Zachary Ros Friday, December 7, 2018 10:32 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 10:09 PM