none
[UWP] [Bluetooth] If user disables and then again enables Bluetooth on mobile, background task on mobile stops receiving BLE beacons

Question

• We are using BluetoothLEAdvertisementWatcherTrigger in out of process background task (Windows 10 Mobile UWP) to receive BLE beacons from PC(Windows 10 RS1). We are able to receive the BLE beacons on Mobile.

But if user disables and then again enables Bluetooth on mobile, background task on mobile stops receiving BLE beacons.

After Bluetooth is enabled, we have ensured that background task is registered, but still watcher is not getting triggered for incoming BLE beacons.
    After the mobile is restarted, background task again starts receiving BLE beacons.
    Is it the expected behaiviour or issue in Windows 10?
    We need to keep receiving BLE becons after Bluetooth is enabled. Please help.

Below is the Mobile and PC side details:
    Mobile Name : Microsoft Lumia 640, Microsoft Lumia 540
    OS Version: 1607
    OS Build: 10.0.14393.693

Laptop Details: Windows 10 RS1
    OS Version: 1607
    OS Build: 10.0.14393.693

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi KoustubhS,

Thanks for your post.

I can reproduce your issue. I’m contacting to the relevant team. If I got any useful information, I would update here in time. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Xavier for reproducing it.

Any updates on above? Is there a Microsoft Bug ID raised for the above issue? If there is, then can you please share the same?

Regards,

Koustubh

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:36 AM