none
[WP8.1] WACK - non compliant when submitting update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I tried to submit an update for my WP 8.1 app yesterday.. took some hours and then I recieved error from certification. The problem is related to Microsoft.ApplicationInsights that I added after last submission.

Review report says:

Windows Runtime metadata validation:
    The general metadata correctness test detected the following errors:

The type Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.TelemetryConfiguration referenced by type Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.RuntimeTelemetry.RemoteDependencyModule in file Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.RuntimeTelemetry.winmd was not found.  All types referenced in metadata files must be discoverable.

Application Insights was added through nuGet, and it works and reports data to azure when testing in emulator.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013 community on a Windows 10 PC.

Other problem is that I'm not able to start Certification Kit locally. It says it's not supported on this version of Windows.

What to do?? Would appreciate some help with this.

• Edited by Molvil Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:30 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I experienced the same issue. It seems that you might be using older versions of Application Insights. Uninstall the packages of App Insights you got installed in you project at the moment and then install the correct package. It should then pass validation.

Regards,

MS

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:48 PM