none
[WP8.1]How to access the custom driver with WP8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I want to access to custom driver with WP8.1 application.

But i don't access to custom driver, because i can't use that DeviceIoControl API.  

How to access th custom driver with WP8.1 app?

or, how to use that DeviceIoControl API?

Please tell me.

Thanks

Jack.

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi jack,

The DeviceIoControl is the Win32 API, by default it can be not accessed by the Windows Phone 8.1 app, maybe the WinRT brokered component can help you implement the access for the DeviceIoControl API.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by jack.hong Friday, February 19, 2016 10:38 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 8:06 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

This code sample will show us how to access to custom driver in Windows Runtime app, please try to check if it works for you.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:12 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Amy

I checked to your link, but i can't understand.

Because can't use Windows.Devices.Custom namespace in WP8.1

this namespace is only use for desktop app in W8.1

I can't see description for this namespace in Windows Phone Runtime

please check it

Jack

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Hi jack,

I am very sorry, yes, the Windows.Devices.Custom namespace is supported in the Windows store app, but it is not supported in the Windows Phone 8.1 app, after doing the search on the internet, I do not find any available sample about how to access the custom driver with WP8.1, I will consult our senior members to see if they have any ideas.
    Thanks for your understanding. :)

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:44 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Amy

Thanks for your response.

ok, I waiting for your idea.

When a solution to know, please let me know.

Jack

Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi jack,

The DeviceIoControl is the Win32 API, by default it can be not accessed by the Windows Phone 8.1 app, maybe the WinRT brokered component can help you implement the access for the DeviceIoControl API.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

• Marked as answer by jack.hong Friday, February 19, 2016 10:38 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 8:06 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Amy

Thanks for your response.

I will try it.

I have very helpful your support.

Thanks

Jack

Friday, February 19, 2016 10:38 AM